Monday, April 21, 2014

Beautiful Cocoons

Today, I'm appreciating the beauty of the cocoons seen in the eight images shared below. Enjoy!
Aren't these cocoons beautiful?  I think the various colors on the body of each cocoon makes them look like abstract art!
 

I love the pottery-like appearance of these cocoons.  The mocha, aqua/turquoise and chocolate colors on them are gorgeous!



I love the colors of these cocoons.  The aqua and chartreuse colors are quite lovely, together.  Also, when I look at these pretty cocoons hanging together as they are, I see sleeping bags closed to the top over heads, as if it the temperature is very cold.  I see this with the same perspective that causes me to see two sweet potatoes spinning in a microwave, as two walruses on their tummies, side by side ... ... makes me smile.  And no, not cooking walruses; simply that sweet potatoes can resemble walruses.
 

Theses cocoons appear to have stitching like the pretty, decorative, threaded seams I've seen on some leather purses.  I love their scalloped edges, too!
 

The creamy, mint-green accented color of these cocoons is visually peaceful.  Their shape makes me think of sea shells
 

I like the rich, green hues of these cocoons and the chocolate spots on them.  I think the two leaf-like objects are butterflies hanging upside-down (because of the leg-like parts at the edges of the cocoons)!
 

The beautiful cocoons in this image cause me to think of mustard with black pepper mixed into it.  I wonder, "Will the butterflies that emerge be the same colors or be different colors?". 
 

Right now, as I look at the cocoons in this image I am thinking of lime sherbet ice-cream!  The cocoons are lovely.



You can visit Cocoon.org for articles, animations, cartoons, graphics and more about cocoons and butterflies.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...